Molecular interaction analysis: flow cytometry
Flow cytometry is a laser-based technology to analyze the physical and chemical characteristics of a cell surface and intracellular molecules or particles.
We have 3 different instruments available; each of them serves a different propose. The iQue manages high throughput screening flow cytometry, FACS Arian is a cell sorting instrument and FACS Canto is an instrument for cell characterization.
User friendly flow cytometer for multiplexed analysis of cells and beads in suspension, for more details, please, visit the instrument homepage.
- rapid flow cytometry analysis in 96 (10 min) or 384 (30 min) format
- three-laser configurations (Violet-Blue-Red laser)
- multiplexed analysis up to 15 detection channels
- minimal problems with small numbers of cells (5000 or less no problem)
- detection rate up to 35000 events/second
- minimum sample volume 2µl
- combining cell and bead analysis in the same well
- 7 decades dynamic range (i.e., it is possible to analyze bacteria)
- scale down the assay to save reagent (20µl reaction volume)
- user-friendly analysis software that makes it possible to analyze/visualize data in an easy way
BD FACS Canto
FACS Canto has 2 lasers and can analyze 6 different fluorochromes (only analysis, no sorting). It has an available carousel for automatic feeding of 40 FACS tubes per analysis.
FACS Aria IIu
FACS Aria has 4 lasers and can analyze and sort based on 12 different fluorochromes. It can sort out 4 different fractions at the same time, alternatively, it sorts into plates (96 wells or 384 wells).